[Fot] TR3/4 Rear Main Seal

Duncan Charlton duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:09:38 MST 2017

Joe,

You might just pull the sump to see if the rear metal seal holder has been modified (small non-critical “ears” taken off at the left and right edges) to allow the rear main cap to be removed while the engine is in the car.  I haven’t tried it but I think the seal can be replaced without pulling the engine if this modification has been done.

Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas USA