[Fot] IMSA TR8 lost a conrod

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 09:26:17 MDT 2016

On 10/20/16 6:54 AM, Ted Schumacher wrote:
> A more cost effective positive liner location method is to pin the
> liner to the block.  Ted
What usually kills the blocks is slight head gasket edge damage that
allows hot gasses to get forced around the liner on the power stroke to
force its way between the liner and block, damaging the block.  A lot of
the larger Rover engines need to have their block replaced between
100,000 and 150,000 miles because of this. The top hat lines keep the
gases from getting around the liner and destroying the block.  The issue
is not the liner moving.

TeriAnn