[Fot] Stutter at 4K rpm

Rick Parent rick.parent at att.net
Mon Oct 17 08:43:30 MDT 2016

Yes, it is a float issue, lower the level, the car is having trouble pulling through the rich spot. This will not effect the top end jetting. Or you can go up 2 numbers on the choke size.

-------- Original message --------From: Bill <ponobill at gmail.com> Date: 10/16/16  7:44 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: D V <explore8 at outlook.com> Cc: fot at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Fot] Stutter at 4K rpm
pull your float and give it a shake. Common problem.

On Oct 15, 2016, at 10:51 PM, D V <explore8 at outlook.com> wrote:

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will inspect the pipe to manifold and manifold to head to see if anything is loose or any leaks apparent in the morning.

I actually went down a main jet 145 to 140 and that seemed like it helped some but didn't clear up the issue (which is going leaner; opposite of what Greg said).

It is missing and backfiring when I am full on the gas. I can prevent it by easing into the gas.

I did notice some gas at my air cleaner to velocity stack connection. I wonder if it is a float issue?

Sent from my iPhone