[Fot] Stutter at 4K rpm

Jim Gray toodamnfunky at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 10:17:34 MDT 2016

That’s reversion which is exhaust pulses running back up through the exhaust & back through the motor.

Weber carbies do not like cams with less than 110 degree cam lob centers for that reason.

Is there more fuel present at the filter now than before ? Without the tail pipe you are missing out

on some amount of extraction. Greg Solow has done a ton of dyno work with exhaust systems

and he found that an 18”, slight megaphone shape, was superior to just a straight pipe for HP

and it’s ability to extract so exhaust coming straight out of a muffler cannot be good and will

affect how the entire system performs.

Jim g