[Fot] Mystery cam

Bill Babcock ponobill at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 18:09:07 MDT 2016

I redid the numbers with the rockers removed, with the dial indicator in the cup of the centered pushrod. Measured open/close at .050. I set the intake lobe center to 108 using .070” before the maximum lift reading (.370) and then got these numbers:
Intake opens (.050”) at 28 BTC
Closes (.050”) at 66 ABC
Exhaust opens (.050”) at 62 BBC
exhaust closes (.050”) 33 BTC

Calculated:
61 degree overlap
274 duration intake
275 duration exhaust
106.75 lobe separation
Intake lobe center 109
exhaust LC 104.5

the calculated intake lobe center using 050” from open/close is a degree more than the measured using .070” before max lift. seems odd, but it's been a long day staring at little numbers. At least it’s starting to look something like a cam.