[Fot] Overdrive problem

Steve Yott tr4 at wi.rr.com
Fri Jun 10 15:18:20 MDT 2016

Dave,
I am sure they checked all the obvious engagement parts and adjustments.  Having 400 lbs. Of accumulator pressure is a good thing.  From there on if its slipping out while engaged in overdrive the the cone clutch is in very bad condition or the brake ring is worn, polished to a slippery shine.  If it is slipping without the overdrive engaged (direct drive) then I would be looking at the uni-directional clutch.

At my shop with the above situation presented to me I would be pulling the gearbox and taking the overdrive apart to see what is going on.

Steve Yott