[Fot] (no subject)

Gary Schneider garygret at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 4 18:04:09 MDT 2016

Scott,
It is proportional to battery size. Amp-hours (A-H) is the easiest rating to work with: divide that by Amps consumption to approximate the hours to run completely down. It's actually a pretty rough approximation because the A-H rating is typically measured over a 20-hour cycle and batteries are much less efficient over a few hour discharge. Then roughly halve that number of hours to account for the faster discharge and to be a little conservative. Small batteries like in Gretchen's Mini are around 12 AH, Pegasus says an SRF spec battery is 33 AH.
Your ignition and fueling at race speed probably need between 5 and 10 amps so a couple hours is in the ballpark. I have a current shunt if you want to measure it some time at the track.

Gary Schneider