[Fot] TR8 Water temperature

Duncan Charlton duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 05:50:41 MDT 2016

Chris,

212F at idle?  That’s interesting.  I’ll start with the usual questions:

1) What is the temperature you recorded at the radiator inlet?  (Having observed this, I assume you have already confirmed that the gauge is reading correctly.)

2) Is the radiator clean, inside and out?

3) Have you confirmed that there is not an air bubble trapped in the system?

4) Temperature at idle remains this high even with the cooling fan blowing?  If so, is the fan blowing the right direction?

I don’t know whether the following applies to the Rover motor you’ve got, but some Morgan owners with Triumph motors have found that the impeller of their new water pump is improperly placed on its shaft so that there is a large gap between the impeller and the housing, causing it to be very inefficient.  One guy measured 0.075” end clearance, which he was able to reduce to 0.015” by use of a spacer.

Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas USA