[Fot] Oil cooler yes or no?

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 11:32:51 MST 2016

Hi Steve.  My experience is yes, you need a cooler.  What is your oil temperature running?  Even with a good 19 row cooler, I had oil temps up around 240 degrees.  I don't think you want it to get much higher than that for an extended period of time (like a full race).  Think of it this way, how much time will it take you to install your cooler now?  How much time (and money) will it cost to rebuild your engine if your oil gets too hot and you spin a rod bearing (or worse)?

Jack