[Fot] TR6 race engine with 45DCOE triple Webers

Greg Solow Gregmogdoc at surfnetusa.com
Fri Dec 30 18:15:05 MST 2016

    I'll try this again. am having trouble sending to fot.
   The f-16 emulsion tube is a very lean tube, it is often hard to get a rich enough mixture with this emulsion tube. Try using f-11 or even f-2 emulsion tubes. Start out with 145 main jets and 165 air correction jets. This should get you close. The 36mm chokes should work fine. On my Morgan with a 2187cc full race engine I use 40 mm chokes & every time we went bigger we made more power with no loss on the bottom or an rpm range that is 4,000 to 6800 rpm on the track.
      The pump jets are probably to large. Try 35 pump jets and install pump inlet valves with a 70 bleed hole in their side.  The pump jets acts as part of the "high speed enrichment" circuit of the carb at high rpm at WOT.  I think that the idle jets are also to large. Try 45 f8 or 45 f6 idle jets. The idle jet size is correct when the best lean idle is achieved with the idle mixture screw between 1/2 and 3/4 turns out from fully seated.  You may even be able to go down to a 40 f6 idle jet. This will help prevent plug fouling around the pits and on the pregrid.
      Ignition timing should probably end up around 32 degrees total mechanical advance with the engine running at 4,000 rpm and higher.
     Make sure you have cold enough plugs in the engine. I should probably use the equivelant of Champion C61YC or C59YC racing plugs if the CR is 12.5:1.  C59yc on the dyno, c61yc on the track.
                                                                          Good Luck,
                                                                              Greg Solow