[Fot] Starter Question

MadMarx tr4racing at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 25 03:56:50 MST 2016

Hi,

quite a common problem on many of these starters.

They soldered solid copper lines to the solenoid which break after while from vibration and these tiny bending if the solenoid hits its contact plates.

To overcome this, replace the solid lines with a flexible and isolated copper wire of sufficient size.

Did this on mine and the problem never came back.

I’ve once made a video from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vaEtn3E-sM

Cheers

Chris