[Fot] Rear diff seal

Duncan Charlton duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:21:59 MDT 2016

I’ve had it act as a lubricant on the gasket.  It took me three tries to stop a leak.  I ended up making my own gaskets and using just a thin smear of black Permatex.  If you’re using a stamped steel cover, be sure to check the mating surfaces for trueness.  Over time over-enthusiastic mechanics can over-torque the bolts and deform the cover.
Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas USA