[Fot] Stub axle separation

Yellow04 yellow04 at tr4racer.com
Sun Aug 14 05:41:06 MDT 2016

Steve,

I'm in the same boat as Charly, and conversations with numerous people on the subject revealed we are by no means alone!

What you are describing sounds very much like what I have repeatedly attempted. Once the factory bond is broken, I have no trouble servicing the stub axle with my 20 ton press, but getting them to let go that first time has required a trip to a shop with bigger toys that I have.

As a picture is worth a thousand words, any chance you can post one of a stub axle in your 20 ton rig and where you are punching the flange?

Since I started racing an IRS car, this care and feeding of the diff is taking some getting used to...