[Fot] Brakes

McKearn McKearn mckearn2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:07:45 MDT 2016

HI all.
   Yesterday while driving the GT6 home from work I took the ramp off the
Interstate rather briskly (as usual) and when I got to the end of the ramp
and tried to stop I was a bit surprised to find out that I had no brakes.
Luckily there were no other cars in sight and I cruised through the stop
sign unnoticed.  I then tested the brakes gently  and was able to get them
to work. After deciding it was somewhat safe to proceed I drove up the road
only to have the front brakes grab and not release. I pulled over to find
smoking blue front rotors. When I opened the hood and looked around a bit I
heard a CLICK and saw the front master cylinder move and the brakes
released. Could this just be a simple matter of one of the master cylinders
getting some corrosion inside and sticking?  This car has a double master
cylinder setup  like many racecars have with willwood cylinders and a
balance bar.   It has been working flawlessly for several years but has
been parked a lot this summer and not really driven much at all lately.
                                                      P.J.