[Fot] Just a little comment on diff oil

Kas Kastner kaskastner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 19:54:48 MDT 2016

In 1963 I did 3 cars for Sebring with Detroit locker diffs.  No problem at
all.

 In 1966 I did 4 cars for Sebring  with a Salisbury type diff and ALL had
to be replaced after  a few hours running.

 The diffs just plain overheated.  I used a special LSD oil put out by GM
for express use in  that type diff and the diffs still died early and had
to be replaced.  The disc type diff really needs a cooler to live in
*endurance* events. The bigger aluminum back plate helps, but for endurance
races, install a cooler.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*