[Fot] Kastner Cup 2017

cudapilot at comcast.net cudapilot at comcast.net
Mon Apr 4 15:58:29 MDT 2016

Amici-

Yes, we are pleased to be hosting the 15th Kastner Cup at Blackhawk Farms Raceway in 2017. The event will take place as part of the VSCDA sanctioned Blackhawk Classic event on June 16-18. The Blackhawk Classic is a well attended weekend on the VSCDA calendar and maintains the feel of a true Grassroots racing event which can be a breath of fresh air in the age of whiz-bang events like the Brickyard Invitational. Blackhawk has been around since the sixties and is a great course for our cars. There are a number of us on FOT that are proud to consider this our home track and we very much hope that you will join us and add this track to your list of 'been there raced that' circuits. The track owner has been significant investments over the last five years in the track amenities and infrastructure so for those of you that have not been there for awhile you won't believe the changes! VSCDA enthusiastically promotes their events and they are very excited about having this as their featured group next year.

Blackhawk Farms Raceway is located in South Beloit, IL about fifteen miles north of Rockford, IL right along the Wisconsin border. It is 90 minutes from Chicago and an hour from Milwaukee so travel options are plentiful. I will announce the host hotel in the coming months along with any other announcements as they become available. Dave did a tremendous job with this year's event so filling those proverbial shoes will not be easy. I can promise you though that you will not find a more enthusiastic duo of quasi-young vintage racers than Friendly Ghost Racing and Jason and I have big plans for making this a very enjoyable weekend both on and off the track for all of the Triumph faithful. We are already two GT6s to the good of that model's representation in this year's event as both of the FGR GT6+ 's will be on track and ready. Here's hoping you will be too.

Here is a link to Tony Drew and Sean Alexander battling at Blackhawk last fall: https://youtu.be/LhUgQ27GldQ

Brian Garcia
Friendly Ghost Racing
847.452.2246