[Fot] Oil change frequency - Brad Penn

Peter Vucinic pvucinic at netspace.net.au
Sat Sep 12 22:56:42 MDT 2015

The critical factor that must NOT be overlooked in this equation seems to be missing from the discussion.

It all depends on how much bypass you are getting past your piston rings. Fuel/combustion bypass will obviously cause oil dilution. So, you will end up with a wet liquid that is not performing as it should. False sense of security. After all, it's only been in for one event?

Cleaning and/or changing filters will not help this situation. You will in effect have 'lack of lubrication' through dilution.

I change my oil and filters after each event. It's the cheapest preventative maintenance I can do for my engine. Far cheaper than a rebuild, or replacing cam and lifters due to scuffing.

My 2 cents worth.

Regards
Peter Vucinic
CBA Rotative Engineers