[Fot] Head Clearance: Push Rods

Richard Good goodparts at verizon.net
Fri Mar 20 10:07:01 MDT 2015

Marty,

I just did a little grinding on an old TR6 head and took some photos to send to a customer with the same question yesterday.  The photos are attached.  You never know how much extra material will be hanging out from the casting joint and getting close to the push rod.  Usually it is not a problem with stock ratio rockers but with the higher ratio rockers the top of the push rod is leaning closer to the rocker shaft and closer to the head in this area.  The photo just shows the rear three but any of them could be interfering.  I always grind them all as shown when I am prepping a head.

Richard Good