[Fot] TR3 10" brake question

Bill Tobin william.tobin31 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 19 17:48:16 MDT 2015

Hi Don, been there, done that with my TR6. The shoe linings are too bloody thick.
You can turn the drums but why waste good material in the drums.
I can't find anyone to cam grind the linings like shops used to do. Some called it arc grinding.
One trick that Uncle Ted taught me: grind a small amount of material off the metal brake shoe end where it contacts the wheel cylinder and the brake adjuster. (I'm not sure what your shoes look like; I'm assuming that they are similar to mine) This will bring the shoes slightly closer together.
I've run into this problem with several different suppliers.
Good luck, Bill