[Fot] racing windscreen for TR3 wanted

John Hasty jhasty at mhc-law.com
Fri Jun 5 16:55:58 MDT 2015

We have also replaced the glass with plastic in our brooklands

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 5, 2015, at 6:49 PM, "John Styduhar" <johnstydo at gmail.com<mailto:johnstydo at gmail.com>> wrote:

My club rules say the following concerning windshields:

3.2.10.3. A transparent windscreen capable of deflecting debris away from the driver, is required.

In my club like most others you need to have some type of windscreen, which is a good idea no matter how small to deflect tire rubber, stones, oil and smoke, and parts that come flying off the car(s) in front of you.  Some of you guys that have been hit in your visor by track debris know what I am talking about.  The little Brooklands screen that they (moss and others) sell will work on the TR3 and is what I use. But I changes the mounting brackets so it is more in line with the direction of the wind and impact. If you are concerned about drilling holes in your TR3 like I was, drill them just below where the lower rubber weatherstrip on the stock windshield would rest on the scuttle. They will be hidden if you convert your car back to road use. Sitting low in the car also help protect the driver.