[Fot] Spitfire timing?

Bud R levilevi at comcast.net
Tue Jun 2 19:20:09 MDT 2015

Thanks Kas,

The idea of starting high and backing off the timing until no detonation just didn’t seem like a good idea to me at all. Why do that to an engine? Thanks for affirming that is a bad idea.
I’m running 110 Sunoco, no domed pistons, and about 11.57 CR. I’ve got a dyno test setup so that will get it where the car runs best.

Thanks
Bud

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)