[Fot] Towing (New F-150)

Russell Pierce russell.pierce at lpl.com
Mon Jul 27 08:05:09 MDT 2015

Take a word from one who has pulled beyond the weight of the towing vehicle and ended up with all tires skyward. While there is much to be desired in getting extra mileage by towing with a fuel efficient vehicle, don’t sacrifice proper weight and capacity of your vehicle to do it. Many of us have felt the fear of a pushing trailer that swerves out of control. The thought of “do I speed up and drive through it or try to slow it down so I can change my pants” runs through your mine while battling it down the road.

I now drive a Chevy Avalanche 2500 (496) and have towed everything from a 36 “ camper to a loaded 26” car hauler carrying a Suburban. Most times I tend to forget anything is back there while driving. That is until I frequently stop for gas averaging 9 MPG when towing. When we came to Summit Point we borrowed an enclosed trailer rather than using the open car trailer we own since the paint was just days old. The height of the trailer did cause more wind resistance and resulted in lower gas mileage but was so nice to have and work out of. There is always a tradeoff.

The new Ford F150 aluminum bodied truck worries me about not having enough weight to control what it is towing.

cid:image001.png at 01CD6E38.1F3ABEE0

Russell A. Pierce

Wealth Advisor/ Retirement Consultant

LPL Financial 314 Corder Road

Warner Robins, GA 31088

(478) 225-6750

(478) 225-6740 fax

Securities offered through LPL Financial

Member FINRA/SIPC

Notice Regarding entry of orders:

Do not place orders to buy or sell securities via email or voicemail.

This and all other time sensitive requests should be placed directly with your LPL Representative at (478)-225-6750.