[Fot] Nomination - Ambro racer

fubog1 fubog1 at aol.com
Thu Jul 23 13:25:22 MDT 2015

Third!!!
Had the pleasure to meet and chat with Mr Ames one year @ Mid-O when he was paddocked next to us, I believe with that car (it was green & yellow I think...CRS...).
Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: Spitfire Racing <Spitfire_Racing at twcny.rr.com>
To: 'Scott Janzen' <sjanzen at me.com>; ''Friends of Triumph' Triumph' <fot at autox.team.net>
Cc: 'Vic Schuster' <vschus8282 at verizon.net>
Sent: Thu, Jul 23, 2015 2:10 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] Nomination - Ambro racer

Second. Nice car!

Russ Moore     Spitfire#49

From: Fot [mailto:fot-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Scott Janzen
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 10:27 AM
To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph
Cc: Vic Schuster
Subject: [Fot] Nomination - Ambro racer

I'm really excited to be writing to nominate Vic Schuster to the FOT.  Vic is a good friend and I am usually paddocked next to him and his immaculately prepared red and grey Lotus Seven.  However, Vic has joined the Triumph ranks, buying a real deal Ambro, the second or third body and chassis constructed/prepared by Bill Ames, sold to a customer, and re-purchased by Ames and resurrected in the early 1990s (Vic, correct me if I don't have the history right).  Bill's son Robert prepped the car and vintage raced it for some time, eventually selling it to Bob Seidel, from whom Vic acquired the car last week.  Rich Rock took care of the car for several years for Bob, and built the current engine.

Vic does his own mechanical work and is eager to join our ranks and resources.  I was in Vic's garage last night, and the car is ready to race, though it will benefit from Vic's adjustments and clean-ups in the future.  Vic expects to have it out at the VRG event in Millville, NJ in September.

Do I have a second?

Scott

'68 GT6

fot at autox.team.net