[Fot] Engine Building Tip Needed

toodamnfunky at comcast.net toodamnfunky at comcast.net
Thu Jul 2 13:19:02 MDT 2015

This is just one way to do it ( of many I'm sure )
Liners first, sealant on the base gaskets. Torque plate on ( or cylinder head ) torqued to 75% of spec. leave overnight.
Next the cam while I can still get my hands on it so I don't nick anything, fully lub'd.
Crank & rear main seal with a little silicone sealant left overnight so as not to disturb it.
Next day rods/pistons, time the cam, oil pump, pan, tc tensioner, cover, balancer, lifters ( +more lube), head....in the car it goes.
Pushrods & rockers last.
I have managed to get lifters back in their bores with a magnetic retriever through the pushrod tubes but I think it was more luck than skill.
I only had to do it once, lesson learned
jim g