[Fot] TR-6 dash question

Spitfire Racing spitfire_racing at twcny.rr.com
Sun Jul 12 05:58:56 MDT 2015

Okay, I need a memory refresh please. Maybe it's the gray hair or the
years.....

I am helping a good friend on his 1969 TR-6 (an unexpected month long
project!). No good deed goes unpunished! This year TR has the rocker style
switch for the Emergency flashers(4 contact) and I need to replace it. The
switch is conveniently placed above the steering column between the Speedo
and Tach. The car has a wood dash panel which is a replacement and the
wiring has not been butchered-yet! How does one access and remove the switch
without fully dissecting the car? Is there a easy short cut on this that
does not involve large hammers; chisels, torches and Divine intervention?

Finding the switch was easy when you realize the same one was used in
Spitfires and GT-6s.

Thanks

Russ Moore