[Fot] unidentified Brake Calipers

John Styduhar johnstydo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 06:27:03 MST 2015

That caliper looks like the one fitted to the TR3 and early TR3A (according
to the Moss catalog) and uses the 11" rotor and related brake pads and
hardware/plumbing. The factory may have used this old-style caliper on the
early TR4 if they were leftover stock or your car was converted back.  If
you want to run the later style caliper and pads (like the 16P), you have
to change over the caliper mounting bracket and use the smaller 10 3/4"
rotor.