[Fot] GT6 Connecting rods

Brian Dennis britracer89 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 16:19:02 MST 2015

It looks like bearing failure. Which then heated the rod to a nice molten orange along with the bolt stretching it to failure or pulling the treads from the rod. This happened to me in 2001 at Mount Washington hillclimb. My internal parts escaped with a very loud and dramatic noise just after the finish line. Lots of spectators to witness it. Also have the in car video. I thought it was a little down on power the top half of that run;) The branded scar from my end cap was still in the pavement when I was there in 2011.
As for suggestion, I would go .40 over since it will be need to be stripped down bare for inspection anyway.
BrianFoster, RI