[Fot] Fwd: Racing History for those over 40!

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Wed Dec 9 10:08:08 MST 2015

"Cosworth, the Search for Power" is a good book to read.  It gives the
development history of the phenomenally successful DFV engine. I read it
because of the following quote from Keith Duckworth:

/My problem was that I had read the books on cam design and I had
believed them.  That was fatal.  Even so, these people seemed to be
fairly knowledgeable about the various types of profiles and
acceleration diagrams. .....  I reasoned that I didn't know what jerk
was all about, and so I was fairly sure that the valve gear didn't know
it either.  I thought that all the arguments about jerk were grossly
over-rated./

Larry