[Fot] Race Car Brake Calipers

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Wed Dec 2 16:52:38 MST 2015

Unless John has changed them, I ran the old clam shell TR3 calipers in
that car.  I had bought all the parts to switch to later TR4 calipers
using the "later is better principal".  Then I compared the pad area and
got advice here, so I stayed with the early design. I always thought the
brakes were an advantage compared to other pre-1961 cars I raced against
in CVAR. Sorry, I know the original post was for TR4, so this would be
backdating.
  - Larry