[Fot] Lucas break in oil

Glenn Franco gaf3 at charter.net
Sat Apr 11 16:58:53 MDT 2015

I don't subscribe to the Lucas aura. The lubrication additives I have
found end up in the pan and have the consistency of hard Jello. I called
Lucas and they couldn't put me in contact with an engineer that could
explain why their products do this.

When I build an engine with a new cam and lifters I use Shell Rotella
15w40 exclusively.

I have used their (Lucas) assembly lube (sticky slimey stuff) with no
issues however.