[Fot] TR 6 cooling advice needed.

Greg And Alison Blake ablake2 at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 10 15:39:54 MDT 2015

I am in the final assemble mode on a rebuild of the central TX enduro crap can TR6. It now has a GP3 cam and 10:1 compression.  Will a stock TR6 radiator be up to the task?  Previously this car had a stock motor and no cooling issues over a full race weekend. I am curious if the increase in compression is going to create more heat than the stock radiator can handle.  Any experience racing with the stock radiator in mid summer Texas weather?

I do plan to add some plumbing from the heater port on the back of the head to an expansion tank with a return line to the water pump intake.
This will be done with either radiator choice.

Thanks,

Greg