[Fot] Welding of a gearbox casing

rkramer3 at austin.rr.com rkramer3 at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 21 16:21:06 MDT 2014

I have only seen one broken and it was an early TR3 case. In the hot rodding circles they use a plate at the back of the engine that extends all the way to the frame and provide a mid mount. On the TR6 and GT6 I could see making a new engine plate to provide this mid mount but on the wet liner engines there is no plate. I suppose one could engineer a thicker flywheel to take up the 1/4" plate thickness and do it.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3 at austin.rr.com