[Fot] GT6 transmission

damys at charter.net damys at charter.net
Sun Oct 26 18:29:48 MDT 2014

Looking for advice on a transmission upgrade for the GT6.  I've spoken
with Quantum Mechanics and they offer four options.  Standard GT6 box,
upgraded GT6 box with TR7 gears, a TR6 trans mod and the T9 option.  My
fear with the GT6 option is the constant rebuilding, although I
understand it offers the best ratios.  The best seems to be the T9, but
$3400 is a lot especially considering the other costs of building a
racecar from the ground up
If the T9 is the best, would it be a sound move to go with a lower diff
ratio to be able to utilize 5th gear, or stick with the 3.27:1.
Thanks
Dave and Alex