[Fot] TR4 axle shafts

John Styduhar johnstydo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 17:02:59 MST 2014

My club in the USA (Vintage Racer Group) understands the weakness of
vintage factory parts and has the following safety allowance in its rules:

*4.5. CLUTCH, TRANSMISSION, AND FINAL DRIVE*

*4.5.1. General:  *The clutch, transmission, and final drive systems must
be the type and design as originally fitted by the vehicle manufacturer.
Within the confines of the original housings, internal components are free.

*4.5.2. Transmission:  *The gearbox must have the same number of forward
speeds as supplied by the manufacturer, or homologated as an option for
that model.  Ratios are free.  Reverse must work (driver actuated lockout
is permitted).  The system of gear synchronization must be as originally
fitted by the manufacturer.

*4.5.3. Final drive:*  Ratios are free.  Limited-slip differentials may be
fitted, if originally available from the vehicle manufacturer or as a
period aftermarket device. The original casing must be retained.  Modern
aftermarket axles and wheel bearings may be used.