[Fot] Spitfire Synchros

Joe Guinan joeg at neb.rr.com
Wed Aug 6 13:02:07 MDT 2014

Is the "Common Knowledge" that repro synchronizer rings are junk still
current, or has anyone had success with new batches of these buggers?  A
friend is having to rebuild a late single rail box because it refused to
shift into 2nd gear, and so we thought we ought to at least check on what is
available.

I have a couple spare single rail boxes laying around, so can probably
mix-n-match what we find is needed, but it would sure be nice to not have to
tear down several transmissions to fix one.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE