[Fot] FOT May 2014

Bob Kramer rkramer3 at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 22 19:25:24 MDT 2014

Tr250K is not coming

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 22, 2014, at 3:34 PM, Bobby Whitehead <igofaster at att.net> wrote:
>
> This is my copy of what is going into the CVAR newsletter.....
>

> Greetings fellow racers! Are you geared up for the last race this spring
before summer sets in? I hope so.. Somebody real smart choose me to be the
race chairman for our event at Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur Texas the week
of May 16-18. I've never done this before so I'm trying to follow some very
big footsteps to make this as close to an epic event for the club as possible.
Being a hard headed British car guy AND a Triumph car guy boy do we have
something very special planned. First and foremost will be two feature race
events, the first on Saturday will feature the all British Small Bore Fest.
We've done this in the past and it's been so much fun, we may make it an
annual event. The second special event will be the national invitational for
the Kas Kastner Cup. which will be an all Triumph event run on Sunday. Kas
Kastner was the competition director for Triumph in the day and wrote what all
us Triumph guys and gals know as the Competition and
> Preparation manuals for Triumphs. Kas has continued with his love of the
cars and recently produced a comprehensive CD with tons of information and
dozens of cars (including my GT-6+) in his latest release of Triumph tuning
guides. When Kas left Triumph he moved to Datsun in a similiar role.

> This will be the 12th annual running of the Kastner Cup and we are expecting
a few cars and drivers who love this event to make the trek to North Texas.
Kas and his darling wife Peggy would love to meet you so please make your
appreciation and presence known...if you're lucky, Kas will do an inspection
and sign your car "Ready to Race". A real honor. We will also have Joe
Alexander present who is co-founder of of Friends of Triumph forum which is
dedicated to the preservation and tuning of these cars today in our modern
world. There will be a few special cars there and hopefully we will have the
honor to see the 1 of 1 TR250K which was a Kas Kastner and Peter Brock concept
car, Triumph powered, and well prepared, preserved, and quick quick...yes I
said quick twice.
> Yours truly is trying as I said to make this a very special weekend and so I
have planned to have my special friends at Rio Mambo for fresh grilled fajitas
track side and my friends and very special guests the South Side Blues Kings
for Saturday night entertainment. Some of you who know me know I play music so
I may set in for a couple of songs with the band...just remember it's $3.00
for
> me to play, $4.00 for me to stop, and $5.00 for me to never ever pick up a
guitar and sing or play again, ever... there will be a tip jar for the band so
show the love!
> Lastly I ran Hallett in April and had the OKC Triumph club approach me. They
plan to make the trip down from OKC and I also understand the Red River
Triumph Club plans to come out from DFW, the San Antonio Triumph Club, and the
Hill Country Triumph club. So, we are expecting quite a few spectators as
well. Be ready for lots of fans and spectators. Let's play safe, have fun, and
tell all your friends and family to come out and see what we are always
bragging about. Should be an excellent weekend of club racing.