[Fot] Alloy distributor pedestal for TR4

John Styduhar johnstydo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:35:27 MDT 2014

I'm trying to procure an alloy distributor pedestal for the TR2-4 engine as
a race modification.  I received the e-mail below from Wishbone Classics
and would like to know if anyone else would be interested in the item for a
group purchase. If there is another source that you are aware of, please
let me know.  Thanks

*As for the aluminum distributor pedestal.  It was actually Rimmer Bro's we
bought those through, however it is now marked unavailable.The only other
company I know of that advertises that item is Racetorations in the UK, and
at B#117.50 for the version without the tach-drive.  Thats $197 before
shipping.We could CNC machine these from billet 6061-T6 aluminum, and
likely do at a slightly lower price than Racetorations sells their cast
aluminum version.  However, I would probably have to do at least 5 or maybe
even 10 production units to make it worthwhile.  The raw material alone is
going to be 3.75" OD x 7" Long (extra length to hold in chuck)... and that
would run $36 just for that hunk of aluminum.I would ball park this at
$170-$185 to CNC machine it from billet aluminum (with a production batch
of 5-10).  Note that the Racetorations item is cast, not billet... you can
see the raw cast finish on the sides of the upper and lower mounting
flanges.If you want me to narrow down the costs a bit more to make a CNC
billet pedestal, I will have to design the pedestal in Solidworks and then
run it through MasterCAM to figure out how long it will take to machine.
Then I can give you a better idea of the cost, once I know the cycle time
per part.Cheers,Kai @ Wishbone Classicswww.WishboneClassics.com
<http://www.wishboneclassics.com/>*