[Fot] TR6 syncro rings

Enquiries Road & Track enquiries at roadandtrack.net.au
Sat Apr 12 22:12:52 MDT 2014

i know this has been dealt with recently but i want to make sure of others
experiences before i order. Moss USA advertise a 'premium ring" saying

*"Our Premium synchro rings are the closest to original Triumph quality we
can find. They require a couple of hundred miles to fully bed in. Made in
Germany"*

Why do they need bed-in time if the inner cone is the correct angle and
size??. we never used to bed them in, just take them out of the packet and
fit to a gearbox. perfect every-time,  till cheap copies started appearing.

Interestingly, Wishbone Classics, a UK vendor, has this to say about it

*The reason one of our competitors sells their synchronizer with the
warning that "They require a couple of hundred miles to fully bed in" is
because they're made incorrectly with the wrong inner cone angle.  Instead
of fixing the problem, our competitor simply wants you to wear your
synchronizers in to match the gear cone angle. *

Where are the FOT archives?? My searching for this subject can only find
references back several years ago.

Terry