[Fot] 2014 Kastner Cup (copied from CVAR Yahoo Group)

Bobby Whitehead igofaster at att.net
Sun Apr 6 09:25:43 MDT 2014

Hello to the group! Yours truly has been asked to be Race Chairman for
the
weekend of our Marvelous May event in Decatur TX May 15-18 ... while I've
never done this before I have some great friends (YOU) who are
going to help
me pull this off.
First...we need to get
the CVAR trailer to the track.. I'm
assuming (yeah I know) that the
trailer will be used this coming weekend at
Hallet.. if it is or isn't
I'm responsible for asking and confirming someone
can retrieve and
deliver the trailer... if it is at TWS , my mom lives in
Conroe so I can
 volunteer to get it from TWS, just need some input or
directions to do
so.
As far as the event in May goes... I've procured and
rented 5 golf carts for the event...our friends at Gold-N-Pawn.net have
gladly offered up the funds to pay for this luxury (if
 you've ever had to
walk up and down the lower paddock YOU KNOW) at NO
cost to CVAR! What a great
group of guys over there at Gold-N-Pawn!! If
you see some of the staff from
Gold-N-Pawn be sure to buy them a
beer...cold...and then...repeat...so, we
have two carts for shuttle, we
will need volunteers to run the carts. Bring
your spouse, girlfriend, or
 daughters, or sons to the event, or let me know
if you have someone
that can volunteer to be a driver for the shuttle
service.
Second
 we are hosting the Kas Kastner Cup which is a worldwide
organization of
 knuckle head Triumph enthusiasts. We had hoped for about 40
Triumphs to
 be at this event but it looks like right now it may be closer to
20.
The RMVR group has a new track in Colorado I'm told with an event that
weekend that conflicts our event. Regardless, I'm focused as making it
the
best event that I can with a bit of Texicana in mind. I have my
friends with
the South Side Blues Kings set to play on
 Saturday night for a few sets. I've
talked with Maggie at ECR and we
think we can use the tech area after the
Saturday night dinner to set up
 an area for them to play...although I'm not a
blues fan, two members
from the band played in my band a few years back, so
there may be an
opportunity for someone we all know and love in CVAR to take
the mic and
 sing and play a song or two...just remember.. it's $2.00 to play,
$3.00
 to stop, and $5.00 to never ever sing again....
With
the Kastner Cup
we have a special guest and that is Kas Kastner and his
lovely wife Peggy.
Kas was the competition head of Triumph in the day
and has written and
produced several competition manuals and videos for
the Triumph marque. He
left Triumph when the company ended and went on
to be a competition director
for Nissan. From the Dallas Autorama we
expect a few Datsun spectators as
well to come out and meet Kas.
Wonderful personal character and his wife
Peggy is a treat. We also
 will host Joe Alexander who is co-founder of the
Friends of Triumph
forum and group. I've heard there will also be a few
special guests from
 west and east coast plus 2-3 visitors from overseas. This
along with
the British Small Bore Fest should make for a truly very special
and
epic event for our club.
Expect something special with
the Saturday
night dinner. I've engaged Rio Mambo to bring their grill
and we will have
all the fixin's for fresh fajitas cooked trackside on
Saturday night. This
restaurant chain is local in the Fort Worth area
and truly has some of the
best food I have ever eaten, so this too
should be exceptional. Our friends
and Gold-N-Pawn again, have offered
to offset the food costs for the club as
this indeed is a little more
than what we usually have track side.
So if
you're
setting on the fence or if you're down to the wire on deciding if you
want to come, please don't hesitate because I promise this will be a
truly
special
 weekend for all our friends and family.

Bobby Whitehead