[Fot] Battery advice

SpiwakD at aol.com SpiwakD at aol.com
Tue Dec 31 08:25:01 MST 2013

I like my battery in a plastic box, especially if using a battery that is
not sealed. Batteries can explode under severe conditions and the box will
help  contain the acid. In a bad crash, your battery may tear loose from it's
mount  and the box will help keep the terminals from hitting metal. Use a
steel strap  to hold the battery down in the box, then cut the box lid to fit
over the metal  strap. I use a nylon strap to hold the lid in place. The
cut lid gives good air  circulation. My battery sits on the cockpit floor next
to me and I want to be  protected from it.