[Fot] Hubs n Bearings

malaboge at aol.com malaboge at aol.com
Mon Dec 23 00:01:09 MST 2013

Herebs the issue-

Ibm workin on front suspension thatbs made up of GT6 styleuprights with
TR4 style hubs.  Theuprights are like the GT6 unit except that they are
drilled for the TR4 taperedaxle (smaller than the GT6 axle). Ibve seen these
uprights on some of the more esotericBritish bgarden shedb cars (TVRbs,
Elvabs and Loti) so theybre not totallystrange.  BUT, I want to put a set
of thetrunionless uprights on this ride so that I do not suffer the indignity
ofwatching one of the wheels leave the car at some inopportune moment!

Herebs thefly in the ointmentb&they only make them for the GT6 stub axle.

So, I can find a bearing that will fit the outer end of the GTaxle and TR hub,
but not the inner. Seems the closest I can find is about 50 thou larger in
O.D.  So before I chuck the hub up and bore thebearing hole in the inner TR
hub largerb& does anyone have a way to accomplish thissetup without my having
to unscrupulously modify the TR hubs?

Nick in Nor Cal