[Fot] I cut intake & exhaust port sections today ( tr4 )

marty sukey trmarty at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 20 06:43:43 MDT 2012

Thanks for posting the picts Jim. FWIW, I purchased David Vizard's Theory and
Practice of Cylinder Head Modification a long time ago. He addresses the TR3/4
head pretty well in the book. On the subject of cutting the valve guides so
they don't project into the flow path, this seems like such a good idea, and
the factory could have saved a penny or so by making them shorter to start
with it makes me wonder why they did not do that from the beginning? This is
timely discussion as I am getting ready to butcher, er I mean modify a TR4
head. :)