[Fot] Carrillo Rod Bolts

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Wed Oct 3 09:49:56 MDT 2012

I over-streched a couple of these once by using ARP lube, which is much slicker than the lube Carillo recommends.  Make sure you use the right stuff - I think it's a moly Loctite product, which I found at Pep Boys, though Carrillo now sells their own brand.  My experience is that if they have been over-stretched, when you tighten them to the correct torque they will stretch more than indicated, or conversely if you tighten to the correct stretch it won't take enough torque.  They are dinky little bolts and the required torque is quite low.  So, if you tighten to 215 inch-pounds and they stretch as indicated, they should still be good.

Ridiculously expensive, too!  I wonder if you couldn't replace them with an ARP product for less?