[Fot] ATTENTION SPITFIRES AND GT6s

michael a kowalski sm1ski at dslextreme.com
Sat Mar 3 11:12:54 MST 2012

FOT List:

May I pose a question to those who know:

I have never been concerned with serial numbers and sources for my Spit
racecar; consequently, I have not kept up with how to document dates and
details of  Triumph production.  However, my partner in my spitfire is
restoring a TR3 and posed a lineage question about his car.  Would you
direct me to sources of the designations that have been found (the Moss
catalogue has given us some information)?

1) Engine Number: TSF 303F

2) Transmission Number: TSF 375

3) An impression on the bottom of the passenger floorboard of the body shows
a "logo" that looks like a wheeled vehicle carrying a winged
"unicorn(????);" underneath that is a word, "Welsh_R?????."  In a section
beneath that, it looks like the date," 31___12___61(a manufacturering date
of December 31st, 1961???) and a number 55090(the vehicle number of
manufacture?).

Any guidence in approaching the origin of these these numbers would be
appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

mike kowalski,
1500 FP Spit