[Fot] max. TIR for TR4 aluminum flywheel?

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Sun Mar 18 16:06:13 MDT 2012

Amici,

What is the maximum flywheel total indicator runout you'd feel
comfortable with?  I was finally able to remount the Fidanza f/w on my
TR4 engine this afternoon, only to find that it has 0.005 TIR.  I have
no record on my build log of the previous runout, so I need advice.
Given that it's for "fast road" / autox, red line 6K (nitrided crank,
lightened and balanced rotating bits, PP and f/w balanced as an
assembly), do you think 0.005 is too much?  Since all mating surfaces
were clean and smooth, of course I was shooting for 0.000, so needless
to say I was disappointed.

TIA

jim

--