[Fot] Transmission Question - more

Steve Yott tr4 at wi.rr.com
Thu Jun 28 20:19:28 MDT 2012

Larry,
After having a number of these boxes apart my bet is that the lever arm for
the reverse gear has been screwed in too far.  This is the adjustment for
how far the pins on the ends of the arm engage both the gear and the
operating lever in the top cover.  If the stud that this arm screws onto was
removed from the case then it must be readjusted during assembly while the
stud is pulled back into the case with the securing nut.  The spline on the
stud stops it from turning when installed but the threads on the stud and
the arm are what adjust the distance the lever fits into the gear.  Hard to
explain but if you had this apart I think you will understand the concept.
A rotten two hour job!!!

Steve Yott