[Fot] Line question

Mike Munson fasttrs at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 14:55:48 MDT 2012

The only time I ever have a problem overtaking another car is when they are
trying to get out of my way. So, my vote is hold the racing line. I will find
the safe  way around so we can both live to race another day. The only time I
deem it necessary to drive off line is if your car is running way off pace and
you are just trying to make it back to the pits.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2012, at 8:56 AM, marty sukey <trmarty at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Question for the masses on the proper line usage on track from a newbie.  I
> have only been in the heat of the battle twice so far and am doing my best
> keep out of your guys and gals way :). Knowing that at this point I am much
> slower than everybody else. During the times I am exiting a corner and I see
> am holding up a much faster car (everybody) I tend to exit in a way that
> leaves me out of the way leaving plenty of room so I can point the
following
> car or cars by and them maintain the racing line. While spectating this
> weekend I really tried to pay attention at Mid-Ohio the last two days to
see
> how other drivers were handling it. It looked like a 50/50 deal, some
drivers
> maintained the line and made the overtaking driver go around them at the
next
> opportunity and some followed my strategy and kept the heck out of the way.
As