[Fot] Drivers suit

Bob Bownes -Seiri bownes at seiri.com
Tue Jun 19 14:35:33 MDT 2012

The most important thing is to get one that is big enough and won't shrink
over the winter. ;)

On Jun 19, 2012, at 16:28, "william r tobin" <william.tobin31 at verizon.net>
wrote:

> Hi Mike, welcome to the club.
> Lots of good suits out there. Get one that's SFI certified,  3-2A/5, or
whatever the current standard is.
> Most vintage organizations want 3 laters of Nomex; 2 layer suit and
underwear, or 3 layer suit.
> I was always told that if you're smart, you'll wear a 3 layer suit with
underwear; the extra layer will give you 15-20 seconds more in a fire.
> If you have facial hair, a balaclave is required. (I'd wear one even if I
didn't have facial hair).
> Simpson High top shoes are good, a little more support for ankles.
> Simpson Posi Grip gloves wear well.
> A good helmet and a HANS are a good idea. Remember the old Bell ads from the
'60's: If you got a $10 dollar head, wear a $10 helmet.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/william.tobin31@verizon.net