[Fot] Triumphs at Mosport, CA now Ed Dunn's FOT Facebook Page

Bobby Whitehead igofaster at att.net
Sun Jun 10 08:43:12 MDT 2012

there is a Spitfire FB page I'm on, sometimes...   I don't see the big deal...
what is there 300 of us guys and gals around the world TRYING to race these cars
and keep the Marque alive???

my freshman experience at the Mitty found 3 guys that have GT6's and want to
race (I invited 3 to the FoT and I think all three came on board).....how can
they get to the perceived level if we are not somewhat open about what we do and
what we try to do with our cars?
The emotion of the Triumph runs very very deep with all of us or we wouldn't be
here trying to help each other, all of us, get on the track and hope for that
one weekend when all is good in the drivers seat... and I don't mean getting a
thumbs up from a flat tow...

There are several young kids on the SPITFIRE FB page and it's kind of
encouraging that maybe somebody besides us ole farts... can keep excited about
the marque. I've got 4 grown kids and only one is excited about our street TR6
when I decide to let him have it....

face it, technology is changing and I think FB is just another way like
GrassRoots MotorSports and Classic MotorSports is being used to bring in new
people to the vintage Triumph Marque...  heck... if you know me, you know I'm a
blabber mouth and I'll share anything about my cars to anybody who will stop
long enough to listen to me...   a couple of weeks ago this couple was walking
by my house and the garage was open to view with the GT6 in plain view.. this
guys walks by, then asks about the car... turns out he's an old F18 Hornet pilot
who flew with one of my best friends in the Saints squadron... he has a GT6 he
and his dad wrenched on for a few years now he's ready to start do the same with
his boys... we are somewhat all compelled to pass it along like my friends Bob
and Andrew Kramer (father and son team).. Gregg and Bob Blake (father and son
team) ... and even fellow GT6 racer Jason Ostrowski whom I met at the Mitty with
his father who also raced GT6's  ...

Point is, I'm excited about the cars even though I've been through the emotional
gamut on the highest highs and lowest lows as far as racing the Triumph is
concerned... it's like gay marriage, I think they should be allowed to be just
as miserable as the rest of us... uh,,,, welll,,,,   sorry tooo much coffee this
morning....  I take that back, but I think you could see the point is we should
be an open community in some fashion to help other people find us and welcome
them into our community... just saying...

Bobby Whitehead