[Fot] End of his first season as a pro

Keith Files keithfiles at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 4 15:52:34 MDT 2011

Dear All,

Thought I would get a few bragging rights in...

My son Josh has just finished his first season as a professional driver and
has more than exceeded expectations; he has finished 7th overall in the
championship (out of 29 drivers), is the top placed rookie, has multiple top
10 finishes, 2 podiums (a 2nd and a 3rd) and numerous fastest laps; what a
great year for him.

He has 3 teams chasing his signature for 2012 and, and this is a good one,
has Dennis Rushen wanting to manage him; Dennis used to manage a certain
Ayrton Senna in his F3 days...

On top of his saloon car exploits he has also won in his TR6, taken so many
podiums and lap records and did pretty well at the Eifel Classic on the
Nurburgring Nordschleife starting 40th on the grid to go to 1st by the end
of the 1st lap and from 140th to 22nd overall by the end of his 60 minute
stint. We eventually came 2nd behind Mario who was the deserved European
Kastner Cup winner.

As I said at the beginning, bragging rights :-)

Cheers,

Keith.